Monday, August 1, 2011

Fun Lunch

A few weeks ago, I saw some neat meals served in muffin tins on a blog called Muffin Tin Mom.  While I certainly don't have plans to serve meals like this daily, I thought it would be a fun change of pace for the kids so I gave it a try.

I bought some silicone cupcake liners at Michael's and ordered the fun food picks online {they were very inexpensive}.


I have to admit, it was kind of fun putting this together.  I used cookie cutters to make flower-shaped kiwi fruit.  I made rings and balloons out of grapes.  Sliced turkey was placed on bone-shaped picks and I used hot dogs to create closed umbrellas.  I randomly placed various picks in other foods inluding blueberries, cheese cubes, bananas, turkey bites, and cucumbers.





She was unsure about her lunch.  She loved the hot dogs and ate half of the cheese but threw the bananas on the floor.  





With a big smile on his face, Maddox told me I was "the best lunch maker ever!"  He ate every last crumb of food from his plate.  That hasn't happened in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment