Monday, August 8, 2011

New Territory

About two weeks ago, I accepted a position as a kindergarten teacher at a great school near my house. The school's population is growing and they added a few classrooms at various grade levels to meet their changing needs.  This is new territory for me, as I have been teaching pre-kindergarten since graduating from UNI four-and-a-half years ago.  Although a little nervous, I am very excited about the upcoming school year!

Today I am going to new teacher orientation.  Maddox and Hadley will be staying with the new daycare provider who will be keeping Hadley while Maddox and I are at school.  After today, I have a few days off before officially returning to school on August 15th.  I have already been working in my classroom a little, trying to get it organized {although it is slightly difficult with two little people around who undo much of what I've spent half the day doing}.  I can't remember when I became so obsessive about organization but lately it has been at the top of my priority list.

I've also been doing a little shopping {what is back-to-school time without shopping?}.  And I have a feeling that I'll be doing more shopping for my classroom this week too.  A while back, we just happened to go into Staples to find that if you spent $5.00 or more, you could get packs of pencils, notecards, and highlighters for a penny.  The sign said that the limit was two items per person but a sales associate told me that since I was a teacher, I could get 25 of each item.  So I did.  And of course I had to take a picture.


All of this for only $.75.  You may be wondering what I'm going to do with 200 pencils, 2500 note cards, and 50 highlighters....

Honestly, I am wondering the same thing.  But I'll figure that out later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment