Monday, July 18, 2011

Blog Launch- Take 2

I dabbled a bit in blogging in October and November of last year but then abruptly stopped.  Why?  I have no clear answer.  Maybe I got lazy {most probable reason}.  Maybe I didn't know what I was going to write about.  Maybe I wasn't sure if I could handle the commitment.  Who knows?!

Relaunching this blog has been running around in my head for a while now.  But why?

I want to use this blog as a way to document our day-to-day lives and the many shenanigans of my children that I may forget someday.  I want to use this blog as a way to connect and keep in touch with our families and friends we have met along the way.  I want to have a purpose for all of the wasted hours I spend online each day {just being honest here}.

I decided to give my blog a little facelift, which made me realize how much I don't know about bloggy techie stuff so I left it up to the pros.  What do you think of the layout?  I'm loving it.

So you may {or may not} be wondering what has been going on in our world since I posted last.  Well here it is in list form {because I am a list-making girl}:
  1. Hadley spent some time in the hospital with RSV and pneumonia. The hospital staff at Kosair Children's Hospital were wonderful and Hadley recovered like a champ!
  2. Hadley Bean turned a year old.  Time really does fly.
  3. G.I. Joe and I went to Las Vegas for spring break while the kiddos hung out in Iowa with Grandma.
  4. Maddox completed kindergarten!!  I'm so proud of our smart little man.  He has become such a great reader in such a short time :) 
  5. We said goodbye to Louisville, Kentucky and moved to Fort Bragg, North Carolina so G.I. Joe can train for a new job that he doesn't want me to talk about {which is hard for me}.
  6. I have decided to finally go back to school to get my Master's Degree.  I'm very nervous because it will be hard for me to balance being a mom, teacher, and student but I know that if I keep putting it off, it will get harder to go back to school with each year that passes so I'm taking the plunge.
I am of the mindset that every blog post needs pictures so I will end with a few random pictures of the past 6+ months.  

























This is a picture of Hadley while she was in the hospital.  They had to put a diaper over her hand so she wouldn't pull the IV out.  She was such a good little patient and recovered very quickly.


Tomorrow I'll share some pictures of our new {unfinished} house.  Yes, I said tomorrow.  How's that for commitment?

No comments:

Post a Comment