Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Projects I've Been Working On

Since moving into our house, I have been spending a lot of time working on a variety of DIY projects.  I have gotten bored with many of my old decorations (does the seven-year itch apply to home decor?) and have been inspired by so many great things on Pinterest so I thought I'd get some projects going to help this place feel a little more like home. Here are a few highlights of what I've been working on:



Although this was originally for the Fourth of July, I still have the pinwheel garland hanging on my mantle.  Every day is Independence Day in the home of a G.I. Joe, right?



I cut the letter T out of cardboard and used hot glue to attach moss to it.  The background is an old screen I got from an antique shop while on one of my many shopping sprees with my sister.  I wish Iowa and North Carolina weren't so far apart!  I got my inspiration for the letter from a great blog called Dear Lillie.



I knew I wanted a chevron table runner but couldn't find one anywhere.  I thought about buying some fabric and having someone sew something for me but I didn't want to bother anyone else with my projects so I bought a bought a white window valance from Target and painted it myself.  It was the best thing I could come up with since I have no sewing skills and I actually like the way it turned out.  To top it off, it fits nicely on my table :)


   

Another leftover 4th of July decoration.  This one involved spray paint, burlap, straight pins, and hot glue.  It is not on my list of all time favorite projects but for lack of something better, it remains on our front door.



Maddox is an artsy child and when I saw this post on Meg's blog, I knew that he would love it.  Or at least I thought I knew.  The truth is, Maddox was into it about a quarter of the time and the rest was up to me.  Aside from chasing Hadley away from the hot glue gun numerous times, I had fun working on this picture.



I have to be honest.... the only thing I did for this project was pick out some spray paint from Lowe's and tell Jason what to do.  He {grumpily happily} handled the rest.  We got this frame at Ikea and I wish we had about 10 more so I could have one in every color.


At this time, there are two more projects in the works.  One of them has been taking up my parking space in the garage for a month and the other one involves some really fancy materials....


I'll let you know how this one turns out because I'm a little skeptical myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment