Tuesday, July 19, 2011

{Unfinished} House Tour

In keeping up with yesterday's commitment, I am giving you a tour of our house as it looks right now.  Keep in mind there are very few pictures on the walls and there are some rooms that I purposely omitted from the tour because they still aren't anything worth taking pictures of.  Also, for some reason the previous tenants thought it would be a good idea to touch up huge spots on the walls with leftover paint they found in the garage.  In many rooms, you can see big spots on the walls that don't blend well with the rest of the wall.  Hopefully they will send painters soon!

Here it is... the good, the bad, and the ugly...


The front of our house courtesy of Instagram on G.I. Joe's iPhone. {Instagram is one of my new favorite things but I'll save that for another post.  It will probably be entitled "Favorite Things."}



Our screened-in back porch. On any given night, G.I. Joe and I can be found out here drinking ice water and playing an intense game of Yahtzee after we put the kids to bed.  Yep, we're that cool.  And it is okay to be jealous of our fancy patio furniture.  Our coolness factor just keeps going up.


The living room.  I love that the fire place was built with the intention of placing the TV on top of it.  That is one less thing for little miss busy body to get her hands on.  And another perk... no more fingerprints on the TV!  Don't look too closely though because you might see some leftover fingerprints from Kentucky that still haven't been cleaned off.




Not trying to be captain obvious here but this is the kitchen.  I am in. love. with the built-in ice and water in the door.  It doesn't take much to humor me. What I am not in love with is cleaning the flat-top stove and all of that stainless steel.



Our dining area.  Please imagine a large bouquet of pretty flowers in that vase.  And for those of you who have G.I. Joe's phone number, send him a nice little text reminding him that it is nice to get his wife large bouquets of pretty flowers.  Don't tell him I put you up to it.



Our bedroom.  With a creeper peeping over the side of the bed.  I love that creeper.








Hadley's room.  The painting above her bed was a gift from one of my all time favorite people. And... she's creeping again :)







The bonus room.  The space is divided into play space/mom space.  I drew an imaginary line where the kid space ends and the mom space begins but apparently nobody can see it but me.

Tomorrow I will show you some of the fun things I've been working on to spruce this place up a bit.  Yep. Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment