Tuesday, July 26, 2011

We Love Mo!

One of the most favorite read aloud stories at our house is called Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems.  If you aren't familiar with the story, it is about a pigeon who desperately wants to drive a bus and tries to convince the readers to let him.  It is also a very popular book in my classroom, as it encourages participation from the audience and the pigeon is very funny.

One night after reading the story, I asked Maddox if he would like to create his own pigeon story and he took off from there.  I helped him draw some of the pictures {although you may have a hard time noticing the difference between mine and his} and I wrote many of the words for him {for aesthetic purposes}, but the words of the story were all his idea.  
















As you can tell by the last picture, Maddox was very excited about his book.  He is such a perfectionist and got very upset if his drawings did not turn out exactly the way he envisioned them.  It was so fun to watch him as he expressed his ideas and argued with me {politely} when my suggestions did not fit into his plans.  Who knows, maybe I have a future author/illustrator on my hands?  

No comments:

Post a Comment