Monday, July 25, 2011

Picking Tomatoes








 







J's parents live close to a wonderful farm market that we like to visit nearly every time we're in their neck of the woods. They also happen to work there which gives us even more reason to visit.  In addition to all the fresh produce one could ever dream of, they also sell bags of my favorite beach treat, salt water taffy.  Just the sight of that sticky goodness brings a smile to my face.


During this time of year, customers can go into the field and pick their own tomatoes, which is wonderful for this fresh produce-loving girl.  One day last week, the kiddos and I spent the day with J's parents and we went to the tomato field to pick our little hearts out.


































It is funny to think about how much fun I had picking tomatoes because while I was growing up on an Iowa farm, I hated the thought of going outside during the hot summer to do anything related to farm work.  In fact, I still have nightmares of unloading snake-infested hay bales from the wagon. Yuck!!  

Pretending to be a farmer for 30 minutes at a farm market with an air-conditioned Swagger Wagon waiting for me after I finish? Yes, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment