Friday, July 22, 2011

White Lake
























On Saturday, our family went on a little road trip White Lake, North Carolina.  Last fall, G.I. Joe completed a series of four triathlons there and always talks about how beautiful it is so we decided to load up J's truck and check it out.  Initially, G.I. Joe thought it was only 30 minutes away from here but after we entered White Lake into the GPS, we discovered that it was more like one hour and 30 minutes away.  Thankfully we had lots of snacks. And magazines. And my phone. And the iPad. And noisy toys with flashing lights for Hadley.














Surrounding the lake are many campsites, lake houses, cabins, and sleepy motels that reminded me of a scene straight out of a movie from the 1980's.  {"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."}  We parked near a place called Goldston's Pier that had a small amusement park, arcade, beach shop, and a small beach.  The water was very calm and shallow and they say that it is normally very clear but the many boats on the lake during the summer made the water a little cloudy {although it was a million times cleaner than the Mighty Mississippi water that I'm used to}.

























The four of us had so much fun at the lake. Hadley loved playing in the sand and constantly tried to steal a bucket from the group of people sitting beside us.  Maddox and G.I. Joe spent hours playing together in the water, with Maddox jumping off the pier into J's arms, having no fear at all.  In addition to playing with my favorite water babies, I tried to capture the day in pictures to help me remember the wonderful time we had.





































































































I can't wait to go back.

1 comment:

Dave and Laura said...

LOVE love love that you are blogging again! Did you know that you can make your blog into a book? That's one of the reasons why I started one.

So fun to see your family grow - such cute kiddos.

Post a Comment